Thursday, September 15, 2011

Fashionista Nail Time: She Calls It Splat. I Call It Deco Disco.

As you all should know by now, I fancy myself a recreational nail artist (emphasis on recreational). When this recreational nail artist is bored, I get on Youtube and watch random nail design tutorials. Why? Mostly because I have issues, and I probably need professional help. Don't judge me.
Anyway, that's not the point. The point is, I discovered something new to do to my impractically long nails.

LOOK.



She's calls it color splat, but this looks nothing like a splat. This design is more like stained glass or art deco.

Now, here is my version.

My version. Ignore the cleaning products in the background.

Wallpaper background. Ha!

Personally, I like mine better. Not because of my outrageously high self-esteem, but because mine are more linear (you know straight). Hers was curved which is nice for square nails, but I have sharp rounds and the length that extends from the skin is longer so I did more than half like two-thirds. I also did not use acrylic paint because I have way too many colors to go buy some finger-paint. I didn't do the extra dots either. Don't need it. I did do the glitter base coat though, even if you can barely see it.

Overall, this is pretty easy but time consuming, so if you're sitting on your ass not doing anything like me, you should try it and send me photos.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment