Tuesday, October 18, 2011

It's Tattoo Tuesday! Did you miss us? Of Course You Did.

So, I decided to show one of my own for this week's installment.

If you know this drawing, you are an ace of spades in my book. Check it...

Isn't she lovely...of course she is.

Now, if you guessed that this is a tattoo of Picasso's Head drawing, congratulations! No, you didn't win a million dollars, but at least we all know how artistically cultured you are. 

Anyway, here's the real thing...

Head by Picasso

So, Picasso is my most favorite artist of all time. He was so larger than life and versatile. He was above the movements and the genres. He is his own movement, his own genre. His paintings and ceramic sculptures move me to tears, but what I'm fascinated by the most are his serigraph drawings. They are so simple yet so complex. Some drawings are made from a single continuous line which blows my mind, but I mean, it's freaking Picasso! 

He once said, "It took me four years to paint like Raphael, but a lifetime to paint like a child."  

God love him.

I'm not 100% on who the woman is in this drawing that is now permanently branded into my arm, but she's quite beautiful as a Picasso. I want to believe that she was one of his great loves, Francoise Gilot, mother of Paloma (the fashionista jewelry designer, love her). It was made around their time together. 

Anyway, I'm sure there will be more Picasso tattoos to come. If you have any tattoos by your favorite artist, and they're good, we want to see them. You could be featured. Excitement!

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment